Friday, June 01, 2007

Antique Refracting Telescope at the Market

Friday of last week, I was sort of not very happy about not remembering to bring my digital cam. I went to nearby Jaffa flea market, and in small shop in one of its crowded corners I got to encounter an antique astronomical telescope. I know it was sort of a refracting telescope because it was just a long black tube, with lenses at both its ends. There were some metal ornaments of various shapes glued to the ends of the tube, which I thought was quite unique for a scope design.

Yesterday Friday, I tried going back, now with a cam on hand, but unfortunately the refracting telescope was not there anymore. Perhaps someone else saw it and took fancy of it because of the obvious fact that it is priceless, being an antique item. I myself would not care if it is working or not; I thought it was valuable. Lucky is the one who had bought it I thought.

Anyway, hopefully I would again come across another antique astronomical telescope at the flea market and finally have the money to buy it or at least the digital cam to have nice pictures of it to post here.

No comments: